TI-85 String File Broke

TI-82, TI-83 (plus, silver..), TI-84, TI-85 and TI-86
MrOats

TI-85 String File Broke

Post by MrOats »

Hello all,

The ZCC compiler is at 1.99A (or v3.00 as the --help states). I created this C Program:

Code: Select all

#include <stdio.h>

int main()
{
    printf("Hello World!");
    return 0;
}
And compiled with:

$ zcc +ti85 -startup=1 -lm -o helloworld.o -create-app helloworld.c 
cp /usr/share/z88dk/lib/config//../..//lib/ti85_crt0.opt /tmp/tmpXXEZclPp.opt
cp /tmp/tmpXXEZclPp.opt /tmp/tmpXXEZclPp.asm
zcpp -I. -DZ80 -DTI85 -D__TI85__  -DSCCZ80 -DSMALL_C -I/usr/share/z88dk/lib/config//../..//include  helloworld.c /tmp/tmpXX9e3Zmb.i
sccz80  -asm=z80asm  /tmp/tmpXX9e3Zmb.i
copt /usr/share/z88dk/lib/config//../..//lib/z80rules.2 < /tmp/tmpXX9e3Zmb.asm > /tmp/tmpXX9e3Zmb.op1
copt /usr/share/z88dk/lib/config//../..//lib/z80rules.1 < /tmp/tmpXX9e3Zmb.op1 > /tmp/tmpXX9e3Zmb.opt
z80asm  -eopt  -ns -Mo -I/usr/share/z88dk/lib/config//../..//lib /tmp/tmpXX9e3Zmb.opt
z80asm -a -m -Mo -L/usr/share/z88dk/lib/config//../..//lib/clibs -I/usr/share/z88dk/lib/config//../..//lib -ohelloworld.o -indos -iti85_clib -igen_math -iz80_crt0  /tmp/tmpXXEZclPp.opt /tmp/tmpXX9e3Zmb.o
appmake +ti85  -b helloworld.o -c /tmp/tmpXXEZclPp
'helloworld.o' successfully converted to 'helloworld.85s'

I tried to move helloworld.85s onto both Wabbitemu and TilEm2 after installing Rigel, but both say it is an invalid file. So then I finally got Rigel installed onto my real TI-85, but once I tried to move helloworld.85s on there, it does nothing.

I can upload the .85s and .o file somewhere if need be.

Thank you,
MrOats
stefano
Well known member

Post by stefano »

Hello MrOats and welcome to the z88dk forum !
First of all I suggest to use an updated z88dk snapshot, you can grab your copy here:
http://nightly.z88dk.org/

By the way I confirm there is something "broken" in the current appmake tool, I'm not able to load the resulting file on VTI too. I'll be back soon on it as soon as I recap the impact of last years' changes :)
stefano
Well known member

Post by stefano »

Problem found.

Try assigning the output file a shorter name:

zcc +ti85 -startup=1 -lm -o hello -create-app world.c
This means appmake has to be fixed, but you should be already able to go ahead with your current environment.
MrOats

Post by MrOats »

Oh man thank you so much. Many thanks to you friend.