Changing drive

Installing on windows
Timmy
Well known member

Changing drive

Post by Timmy »

Erm, I'm trying to move the z88dk installations from drive D: to G: drive (new computer, and I'm not too sure if I can move the new D recovery drive to somewhere else).

Obviously I have updated the normal environment variables like PATH, ZCCCFG and Z80_OZFILES

But it still does the following, after a simple test:

Code: Select all

G:\z88dk\rand>zcc +zx -lndos -vn a1.c -o a1.bin -create-app -zorg=32768
The system cannot find the path specified.
Cannot copy crt0 file
Am I still missing something?
alvin
Well known member

Post by alvin »

Is this with the nightly build?

The complete set of shell variables is:

Z80_OZFILES = {z88dk}\Lib\
ZCCCFG = {z88dk}\Lib\Config\
path = %path%;{z88dk}\bin

Replacing backward slashes with forward slashes as appropriate and ensuring the path variable is updated. Make sure your path variable is not pointing at an older z88dk install.

The build process currently treats building windows executables under linux differently from msvs and path information might be compiled into windows executables. We know about the problem (it's on the TODO list) and if the windows install still throws those errors up, for the time being you might have to install in c:\ to get the c:\z88dk tree.
Timmy
Well known member

Post by Timmy »

Thanks for the help. I did manage to figured it out.

Just for future reference, this was an older version of z88dk, which already worked on D: before.

The thing that needed to change, besides the shell variables, were the numerous "D:\" references I had that were found in the .cfg files the lib/config/ directory. (Basically what the config.sh already suggested.)

(Note that this is not the nightly version but an earlier build, the nightly would likely be the same but your mileage might vary. :) )
alvin
Well known member

Post by alvin »

Timmy wrote:(Note that this is not the nightly version but an earlier build, the nightly would likely be the same but your mileage might vary. :) )
The nightly is different :) There is no more path information in any config files. Everything is determined at runtime so that no installer is necessary to modify files.