zsdcpp

Other misc things
derekfountain

zsdcpp

Post by derekfountain »

I've just built 2.1 and noticed I don't have zsdcpp in my bin directory. It's there in my previous build, which is dated last August. I use that tool and my build in therefore failing. What happened?
dom
Well known member

Re: zsdcpp

Post by dom »

Did you build from source?

If you did, then note that you need to do make BUILD_SDCC=1, see here: https://github.com/z88dk/z88dk/wiki/ins ... inux--unix
derekfountain

Post by derekfountain »

I did build from source, yes, and missed the BUILD_SDCC environment variable. I guess that must be quite new. The problem has gone away with the new build. :)

I still can't compile my project though, but I'll start a new thread rather than polluting this one.
dom
Well known member

Post by dom »

derekfountain wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:25 am I did build from source, yes, and missed the BUILD_SDCC environment variable. I guess that must be quite new. The problem has gone away with the new build. :)
Yes, it was added because the svn servers for sdcc seem to be getting slower and slower and it was causing horrendous problems with the CI builds - they were basically timing out constantly on the checkout stage which makes CI pretty pointless.

The corresponding BUILD_SDCC_HTTP was added so that CI based package builders could get hold of the sdcc tree without hitting svn.

In an ideal world neither would be necessary, but...
derekfountain

Post by derekfountain »

A banner in the build script would have been handy:

Code: Select all

___  ___    ___  ___   _           _  _     _       _    _                      _  _ 
 / __||   \  / __|/ __| | |__  _  _ (_)| | __| |  ___| |__(_) _ __  _ __  ___  __| || |
 \__ \| |) || (__| (__  | '_ \| || || || |/ _` | (_-<| / /| || '_ \| '_ \/ -_)/ _` ||_|
 |___/|___/  \___|\___| |_.__/ \_,_||_||_|\__,_| /__/|_\_\|_|| .__/| .__/\___|\__,_|(_)
                                                             |_|   |_|                 

Not so easy to miss then. :)

But I appreciate it's a tricky problem.