Latest version and ZX81

ZX80, ZX 81, ZX Spectrum, TS2068 and other clones
dom
Well known member

Post by dom »

I know a? is used in printf whilst hex printing which is on my todo fix list. I need to check the newlib routines we pull in for usage as well. Both are backed up behind the comparison work I?m doing st the moment.

Anyway, at then point of this issue the program isn?t even being run!
stefano
Well known member

Post by stefano »

>Anyway, at then point of this issue the program isn?t even being run!
..my English fails here :(

My suggestion wasn't consequence on an accurate analisys, it is rather an automatic reaction consequent to the claim about a zx81 emulator behaving differently than the real machine: it makes me immediately think at the sw assisted display circuit.

A second guess could have to to with the memory: 'paging' access, size, timing, particular exclusions on the emulator (m1not)...
dom
Well known member

Post by dom »

stefano wrote:>Anyway, at then point of this issue the program isn?t even being run!
..my English fails here :(
Sorry, fat fingers on a phone keyboard makes for silly typos: "Anyway, at the point..."
siggi
Well known member

Post by siggi »

stefano wrote:>my midiplayer did run as expected, until I added a "sscanf" call. Then immediately after LOAD (NOT RUN!!!) the zeddy crashes and the >screen flickers. Same problem for "scanf"!
>The generated application them seems to be corrupted!

Could it be a forbidden register being accidentally hit ? a' or iy (translated to ix) ?
Hi Stefano

I don't use A' in my code, because the assembler (or someone else) seems to hate it and claims an un-terminated string. I think, it would be happy with somthing like
ex af', af' ;-)
So i used
ex af,af instead ...
And of course I played around using register IX, well known by the assembler as IY ;-)

Anyway, it seems to be a time related problem: yesterday the Zeddy crashed after LOAD (not RUN) of the program.
But today everything works expected. So I downloaded my own source and compiled again, and the error does no more occur. At least today ;-)
More knews maybe tomorrow ;-)

Siggi
stefano
Well known member

Post by stefano »

Glad to hear it, sorry for having added entropy :)
alvin
Well known member

Post by alvin »

ex af,af'
should be fine now :)