Missing targets

Discussion about other targets
stefano
Well known member

Missing targets

Post by stefano »

The recent cleanup of the cfg files made me notice how difficult is to define the exact number of targets being supported. On the single computer model point of view they're hundreds, considering the ZX Spectrum (think at the many clones), CP/M and S/OS support.
Changing perspective and looking at the single architectures the picture is still hard to describe: take the Commodore 128 as an example: different graphics engines are provided (including a lo/rez text mode one) and the same libraries can be used both in CP/M mode and native C128 mode, via a BASIC booter switching in Z80 mode only after the program has been loaded.
So we can cheat a little and say we are supporting more than 50 separate "architectures" !
The missing ones are still quite a bit but they're not countless anymore ;) I'm preparing a wiki page with wish-lists: missing targets, requested gfx libs, requested SP Pack ports, file lib proposals.

Just as an example, here's what comes to my mind right now:

Tiki 100
Apple II 80 boards (i.e. the Microsoft Softcard), native mode support or just gfx or other target specific libs
BBC Micro z80 expansions (as above)
Recent z80 board projects like the v6z80p
stefano
Well known member

Post by stefano »

The current page is a mere list but perhaps it's enough.
http://www.z88dk.org/wiki/doku.php?id=platform:missing