appmake +cpm

dom
Well known member

Post by dom »

Thanks, I've now added Tiki-100 disc generation in addition to Epson QC/QX-10 discs. The QC-10 discs work with EPSNQX10 CP/M image.
RobertK
Well known member

Post by RobertK »

Here...
http://oldcomputers-ddns.org/public/pub ... index.html
...in the file sc-liste.pdf is an overview of disk formats for many systems (mostly CP/M).

Missing in the list is the "entries" and "bytes/extent" info, but it should still be hopefully useful.
RobertK
Well known member

Post by RobertK »

dom wrote:BTW, I've just add the NCR Decision Mate format
Should we already be able to compile a program like this?

Code: Select all

zcc +cpm -subtype=dmv -create-app helloworld.c
Because when I try this I get a compiler error "Cannot find definition for target -subtype=dmv". It seems to me that the cpm.cfg file lacks an entry for the NCR DMV?
stefano
Well known member

Post by stefano »

I added the missing configuration, hope everything is correct
stefano
Well known member

Post by stefano »

probably also the cpc system disk format is missing, by it is more delicate and needs extra parameters and an appropriate test
RobertK
Well known member

Post by RobertK »

stefano wrote:I added the missing configuration, hope everything is correct
NCR DMV works now, thank you.
stefano
Well known member

Post by stefano »

thank you for the report and the tests!
dom
Well known member

Post by dom »

I don't really want to raise a post for every new format, but this one opens a new class of support. However, I've just added the BIC/A5105 format used by CP/A as well as the Anadisk container format.

This means that we can now generate discs that work with jkcemu and the DDR CP/M clones.

We can probably add more hardware specific support so I'll have a sift through the documentation.
stefano
Well known member

Post by stefano »

perfetto, that one was quite modern for the time (graphics, etc..). I'll check in my archives if I was able to frame some interesting doc
RobertK
Well known member

Post by RobertK »

Great! I didn't know this system before, but here I have found out that you can make the disk "bootable" by putting an empty file named SCPX5105.SYS on it, which will prevent the machine from going into BASIC. Maybe it would be useful if you would add this file when creating the disk image, so we would no longer need to attach the "BIC A5105 SCPX Systemdiskette" in JKCEMU.

Docs on the BIC / A5105 can be found here:

http://www.sax.de/~zander/index2h.html

on the left, go to "BIC / A5105" -> "Dokumentation"

(all in German, I can help with translation if necessary)
dom
Well known member

Post by dom »

That works (albeit with a subm? message on startup) - the discs now boot directly into scp.

The video chip is uPD7200 clone which is shared by a few more machines so I think a generic library could be written and shared across them. Once I've figured out the commands to issue, it hopefully won't be too hard to write the drivers.

It looks like there's some PCG RAM when running in text mode which will be handy for UDG and possibly lores graphics.

I'm not sure if it's just my machine (or an accurate emulation), but the keyboard emulation in jkcemu seems to occasionally miss keypresses
stefano
Well known member

Re: appmake +cpm

Post by stefano »

I thought to write a note here: the Tiki100 couldn't read the 200K floppy format if the 400K version of the OS was used.
I extended appmake to support both the 200K and the 400K formats.
stefano
Well known member

Post by stefano »

+Altos5 ;)
The current emulation status in MAME is "incomplete", so it's not surprising to discover a bug in the disk drive selection: only disks loaded on drive A: will work properly.
stefano
Well known member

Post by stefano »

and + Visual Technology 1050