Information about new features

ZX80, ZX 81, ZX Spectrum, TS2068 and other clones
fraespre

Information about new features

Post by fraespre »

Some time ago, I read something lines related with the new features in the sp1 engine. However there a pair of points that I dont't have information but I'm very interesed.
http://computeremuzone.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3791
Quick animation of background tiles by changing tile graphics associated with a particular character code with sp1_TileArray() and then invalidating a list of affected char cells by iterating over them using sp1_IterateUpdateArr() or sp1_IterateUpdateRect(). Think flickering candles, twinkling stars, waving grass, etc.
I haven't found any example regarding with this functionality. In specific with how to use "sp1_IterateUpdateArr()". Could you provide some example ?
Use of individual 8x8 pixel struct_sp1_cs sprite characters that are not attached to a sprite. Since these are legitimate sprite characters, they can possess any sprite draw function (mask, or, etc) and can lie in any sprite plane. Intended for foreground graphics allowing sprites to move in front of or behind them. A slower method than removing sprite chars from the engine, but these characters can be placed on an intermediate plane. Think fog-of-war tiles covering what is underneath, clouds or mist that obscure what is underneath, moving clouds as in Combat on Atari 2600.
Other feature very interesant for me, but equal that the previous I can't found more information. Could you provide some example about how to do it?

best regards and thanks in advanced