Creating bootable +3 discs

ZX80, ZX 81, ZX Spectrum, TS2068 and other clones
dom
Well known member

Creating bootable +3 discs

Post by dom »

To carry on with the little bit of attention the ZX has been getting today I've just added -subtype=plus3 to the +zx target.

When combined with -create-app this will generate a bootable +3 disc which can be loaded using the top level menu. In a similar manner to the .TAP generator, it supports the --screen and --clearaddr options.
thweasel

Post by thweasel »

Just used this feature with a gotek and usb stick. REALLY NICE! Thank you.

One little snag, I tried to merge the DISK file to peek at the Basic, the machine crashed. Be nice to see what was in the file to make it easier to make custom Basic loader files. (if possible?)

Thanks again,

Owen
dom
Well known member

Post by dom »

Glad it's of use!

It looks like I had the line length wrong - I've just fixed it and "DISK" should now be mergeable.
thweasel

Post by thweasel »

I shall update my build set and give it another try thanks :) And yes having wasted a few hours yesterday re-doing the repair on the Jack socket on the +3. Moving a USB stick is a lot EASIER!

Line length makes sense, I unintentionally broke into the disk program. It gets a little upset if you don't have the drive selected and run it (B:disk when on A:). The basic listing was fine, but there was a line below it with <984K oddly hanging there! It seemed like free space or something.