(classic) New target: Nichibutsu My Vision

dom
Well known member

(classic) New target: Nichibutsu My Vision

Post by dom »

I've just merged support for a new TMS99x8 target, in this case the seemingly overpowered Nichibutsu My Vision - all 6 original software titles were boardgames. Hardware specification follows:

* TMS9928 with 16k VRAM
* AY8910
* 2k RAM
* 24k cartridges supported
* Buttons on the console rather than gamepads

The z88dk target has inherited all the MSX libraries, PSG support and has an inkey keyboard driver and I've managed to make two joysticks out of the keys so porting to it should really be just a recompile.

As an aside, this is the second memory mapped TMS99x8 that I've come across - the PV2000 is the other one.
RobertK
Well known member

Post by RobertK »

Thanks for another exotic target, both my programs H-Tron and EPB run fine on it. I have no idea how much RAM they are using during runtime, but it must be less than 2K RAM.

I've noticed that the Joystick names need to be fixed (currently "1 - QAOP-MN" and "2 - 8246-05").
dom
Well known member

Post by dom »

Excellent. Apologies for the contorted player 2 joystick layout. I think reconfiguring Mame to use keys in a row rather than alphabetical order might make things better.

Yup. I spotted that I missed committing the joystick names. The change went in with the Pencil II addition.

You should be able to figure out RAM usage from the .map file, BSS_END_tail is the last non heap RAM used. Of course the stack comes down from the top of the memory so bear that in mind too.

If you get a chance I?d be interested in whether the graphics on the FP-1100 are usable.