Nightly builds failed/don't work

Bug reports (if you don't/won't have a Github account)
siggi
Well known member

Nightly builds failed/don't work

Post by siggi »

During the last days the nightly builds seem to have failed.

I just downloaded the latest WIN32 build, but the directory z88dk in the ZIP file has a date stamp of 2013-09-16
I tried to compile my Zeddyfox for ZX81 using the current version. I didn't get an error message, but no code nor a P file was generated :-(

Siggi
dom
Well known member

Post by dom »

It's been broken for a while, I need to ask Paulo to check-in the code that's generated by the perl scripts - none of the machines I've set up for the build farm have an up-to-date enough perl to load one of the modules.
stefano
Well known member

Post by stefano »

Fantastic, Is there a Whole build farm ? :)
pscust
Well known member

Post by pscust »

I have just noticed the problem my build scripts are causing. Sorry for not paying attention.

I will correct the z80asm makefile to not try to generate the files and use the committed ones if the Perl tools fail.

Regards.
Paulo
Timmy
Well known member

Post by Timmy »

In the meantime you can try to use the stable builds. :P
Last edited by Timmy on Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pscust
Well known member

Post by pscust »

Nightly builds working again.

Issues solved and committed to CVS:

1) Preprocessors (perl, ragel) might not be available in the target platform.
Ignore errors when calling these tools and use the pre-generated files
that are in the CVS repository.

2) Fix error: redefinition of typedef in init.h - this error is ignored by the Win32 compilers I am using (VS2010, MinGW)

3) g_slist_free_full() requires GLib 2.28, replaced by g_slist_foreach() and g_slist_free()

Regards,
Paulo
dom
Well known member

Post by dom »

Thanks very much Paulo.

Re build farm, not really...just a single VM running on my home server. I do way too much build stuff at work so the phrase just slipped out :)

I'm planning on adding an OS X build as well if I can build a working cross compiler, or get 10.8 running under virtualisation. So maybe that point I'll be able to get away with saying it!
stefano
Well known member

Post by stefano »

Ok, I try not to do your same error and start talking of international L2 balancers :D
dom
Well known member

Post by dom »

Now they are the bain of one of the other parts of my job....that and badly configured F5s. :)

I hope you've got nothing to do with that environment in Munich....
stefano
Well known member

Post by stefano »

Let's say I'm trying to act as the customer regarding the f5.. I'm not sure the trick will work tough !
stefano
Well known member

Post by stefano »

Sorry for keeping this thread open, but after three times it looks that the nightly batches are not running anymore.. ??
siggi
Well known member

Post by siggi »

stefano wrote:Sorry for keeping this thread open, but after three times it looks that the nightly batches are not running anymore.. ??
Indeed :(

Siggi
alvin
Well known member

Post by alvin »

Paulo is working on the expression evaluator in z80asm. I think the current commit no longer recognizes hex constants specified by a terminating "H" or "h", which is present in some old code. I posted a message in the developer list so he can have a look.
dom
Well known member

Post by dom »

Thanks Alvin, I'm out of the country at the moment (actually in yours I think) so I'd not been able to chase the cause of them.

The build before nightly broke should have the pragma scanner for sdcc enabled though so might be worth a spin.
pscust
Well known member

Post by pscust »

I have fixed the problem.

Explanation:

The original z80asm scanner used a simple heuristic to convert an identifier to a number if it was only composed of hex digits and an 'H' at the end.

This caused unexpected syntax errors with identifiers with only hex digits, e.g.

EACH: NOP

stopped with a syntax error, as EACH was interpreted as the constant 0x0EAC.

I have changed the scanner to the common processing of hex constants in assemblers: a hex constants ending with an 'H' needs to start with a digit, or be prefixed with a zero.

This change caused the nightly-build to start failing.

As there were only about 20 such hex constants in the z88dk library, I have now added the zero prefix to the constants to solve the problem. The line above became:

ld ix,0ACECH

Regards,
Paulo
siggi
Well known member

Post by siggi »

siggi wrote:
stefano wrote:Sorry for keeping this thread open, but after three times it looks that the nightly batches are not running anymore.. ??
Indeed :(

Siggi
Once more ...
stefano
Well known member

Post by stefano »

z80asm is being heavily reworked.. let's give Paulo time to think or let's only help him spotting the problem.

(Same for the libraries)
Timmy
Well known member

Post by Timmy »

I thought I'm bumping this as there's been no builds for 2 weeks now.
alvin
Well known member

Post by alvin »

Timmy wrote:I thought I'm bumping this as there's been no builds for 2 weeks now.
Sourceforge had a storage fault on July 17 affecting all sf projects. Only in the past few days have services begun to come online. z88dk's sf repository won't likely be available until August 3. The builds are failing because the build machine cannot access the repository at sf and won't be able to until around August 3. Until then the last successful update is all that is available.
Timmy
Well known member

Post by Timmy »

Thanks for the info, I forgot about z88dk being stored in SF.

By the way, do you have plans to move your repository to github, like every active SF project is doing, or already did?
dom
Well known member

Post by dom »

The only thing we use sf for these days is the source code repo so migration away should be pretty simple.

Moving to a git hosting is an obvious choice - when I'm recovered I'd like to look at a repo conversion tool that preserves history in a nice way.
alvin
Well known member

Post by alvin »

dom wrote:Moving to a git hosting is an obvious choice - when I'm recovered I'd like to look at a repo conversion tool that preserves history in a nice way.
If we're considering this maybe we should do a source code reorganization at the same time.